Software testing is a process used to identify the correctness, completeness, and quality of developed computer software. It includes a set of activities conducted with the intent of finding errors in software so that it could be corrected before the product is released to the end users.
Why is software testing necessary?
Software Testing is necessary because we all make mistakes. Some of those mistakes are unimportant, but some of them are expensive or dangerous. We need to check everything and anything we produce because things can always go wrong.
Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
Software testing is a critical component of the software engineering process. It is an element of software quality assurance and can be described as a process of running a program in such a manner as to uncover any errors. This process, while seen by some as tedious, tiresome and unnecessary, plays a vital role in software development.
Software testing is very important because of the following reasons:
1. It’s essential since it makes sure of the Customer’s reliability and their satisfaction in the
2. It is very important to ensure the Quality of the product. Quality product delivered to the
customers helps in gaining their confidence.
3. Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of
high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and
hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
4. Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
5. It’s important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can
be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development.
6. It’s required to stay in the business.